Sunday, April 19, 2015

Solo performance RIP


                                                                      RIP
It comes under my education and research program. Nature of this work is work in progress. It is about my own questions, doubts, dilemmas, impressions and feelings about life, work, situations and events etc. It is interactive, interpretative and dialogical. Theory of self and other is very important. How self is being constructed and always in the process described by postmodernists is being inquired practically and how I being a performer and scholar understand it while doing as well is my work. It is about body/self and subjectivity. How I connect to myself and others, how and when role exchange knowingly/unknowingly, I become other and other becomes I.  A performer puts his/her doubts, questions about his/her identity via experience, resistance and expressions in for front.  The question regarding performing is also entertained. All these things are connected and thought with logic of course about performance, identity, representation and power.
Rest in Peace is the inquiry (Post-mortem) of Rest in Peace. What do we mean by RIP? It an abbreviation used to pray for the soul who is no more in this world.  But the other meanings of RIP are tear, split, shred, break, scratch and cleave.  Postmortem of a body is the inquiry of his/her restlessness. According to me a body who goes from so much restlessness within and around how can do Rest in Peace after death. And why do we need to do rest in peace after death?
I want to do Rest in Peace when I am alive. I am not concerned after my death. I am concerned about slow dying every day, every moment so I want to live for resting in peace.  But how is it possible? It can be done by working for your own Rest in peace and trying to inquire the restlessness and releasing it out/in.  It is a therapy done for you, by you, of yourself. 
It is not only restlessness which occurred in me as I grow rather the restlessness is being carried from long back through genes. Repression of basic human desires to follow certain pattern of social and cultural roles imposed by power structures. Here an individual becomes historical and historian too. Here an individual seeks the possibilities of living, transformations etc. So inquiry of RIP opens up the landscape of an individual’s questions, doubts, resistance, expression, dreams, proposals, manifesto and hence the possibilities and futuristic approach as well. where focus is not on the final product rather on the subject in the process.
Who I am and how I am a subject connect me with my conscious and unconscious and formation/deformation of myself. It also provided me the path of discovering the possibilities of me which helps me in knowing the creative process of mine.

Tension between individual Vs society is similar to tension between daily and extra daily life. It is the conflict which creates the tension and giving attention to this tension is actually the consciousness and awareness where language, subject and knowledge can function for dialogue and discourses. An individual’s feelings, experiences are important and can really be helpful in shaping the world and for social transformations. For example individual’s statements regarding the violence happening against 
women opens up the possibilities of analyzing and criticizing the patriarchy mind set. An individual is never individual, it is also the representation of many. For example rapist and lawyers, spiritual gurus, political leaders statements are representation of mind set of many but they didn’t say it on recorded level. they used to practice it every day in their lives and used to speak the same in their daily lives conversations. Similarly an individual who is resisting to this is also not individual, s/he also represents many.

No comments: